The School Community Committee at BG/BRG Klosterneuburg- a short explanation:
The School Community Committee is the main tool a school community of students, parents and teachers has at its disposal to work together in a democratic way. It is also a main driving force behind every school community that wants to thrive and set up innovations.
It is an official collegiate body, liable to laws and regulations (SchUG § 64).
While its main purpose is encouragement and consolidation of the school community, it comprises three student-, three parent- and three teaching staff representatives, presided over by the headmistress Mag. Hemma Poledna.
Important decisions relevant for all three represented bodies are made and supported in this committee.
Let’s have a look at the duties of the committee:
The following are matters to be addressed and decided over
• School events of several days (language courses abroad, skiing courses..)
• School events
• Parents’ Evenings
• School Rules
• Collections and sales
• Student participation in events outside school
• Career guidance events
• Health counselling events
• Measures concerning the improvement of the school community and daily life at school
• School autonomous decisions concerning curricula
• School autonomous decisions concerning student numbers and group sizes
• School autonomous decisions concerning teaching times
• School autonomous decisions concerning student applications and places
• Reuse of course books
• Collaboration with other schools or non-educational facilities
• Setting the dates for repeat exams
The committee must be convened by the headmistress on request of one third of the committee members if a motion has been filed at the same time to deal with one of the above matters. The meeting has to be convened at least within a week after filing the motion and two weeks before the actual date of the meeting. An agenda for the requested meeting must be submitted at the same time.